Modoc Medical Center (MMC) has delivered the healthcare needs of our community since 1951. MMC is currently a 16-bed, critical access hospital providing emergency services, family practice medicine, retail pharmacy and operating a 51-bed skilled nursing facility in addition to other ancillary services such as radiology, laboratory, physical therapy, and day surgery services. MMC serves the residents of Alturas, California and the surrounding area. Located in the rural northeastern portion of the state, Modoc County borders Oregon and Nevada.
As a special Healthcare District, MMC is proud to partner with our district members and community. We provide our patients and visitors with a tradition of quality care. Listed as one of the top 5 Performing Hospitals in our region according to California’s Quality Health Indicators, we strive to provide our community with innovative, personalized and compassionate care.
MMC is always researching ways to provide new and better services to our community. New Telehealth services and cutting edge wound care are some of the latest additions to our service line. Follow us on Facebook to hear more about our latest services or for event information.
Alturas, California, offers an abundance of wilderness and natural beauty in a peaceful location. Located in the rural northeastern portion of the state, Modoc County borders Oregon and Nevada and is home to the beautiful Warner Mountains. Modoc National Forest offers outdoor enthusiasts an abundance of recreational opportunities including fishing, hiking, hunting, and skiing.
Some annual activities include:
- Easter Egg Hunts-Children hunt for a large number of candy and prize-filled eggs around town.
- Fandango Days-Our 4th of July celebration includes a parade, classic car cruise, fireworks, etc.
- Modoc District Fair-Cedarville hosts this fun-filled fair with rides and rodeo events.
- Hot Air Balloon Festival-A pancake breakfast starts the day as dozens of balloons fill the sky.
- Winter Fest-Enjoy craft fairs and a Christmas light parade on Main Street.
For more information regarding annual community activities, please visit the links to the right.