MMC’s Acute Department is here to meet the acute care needs of our patients 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our Acute Department focuses on short-term medical treatment for patients having a critical illness or injury or who are recovering from surgery. We care for medical and surgical patients of all ages, including newborns, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. The nursing staff will provide caring and competent patient care if you or your loved one needs to remain as an inpatient or in observational care at MMC. You can rest assured that our staff will treat you or your loved one with the respect, dignity, and compassion they deserve.
Our team is well versed in patient care’s newest, most practical components. They will ensure that the care given is of the highest quality while doing so with a smile and a kind word.
Our Services include:
- Patient & family-centered care from admittance to discharge
- Basic nursing care, including routine cardiac monitoring
- Treatment for respiratory conditions with continuous or intermittent oxygen, cannula, or tent
- Blood Transfusions
- IV Medications
ACUTE Visitation Guidelines
For the comfort and well-being of all our patients, we ask that guests follow these guidelines:
- Family and friends do not visit if they are ill with a transmittable disease, such as a cold or the flu.
- A responsible adult supervises visiting children at all times.
- No animals are allowed in the nursing units except for seeing-eye dogs.
- Flowers for patients are appreciated except in the ER or any other place where they may promote infection. Latex balloons may pose a risk to people with latex allergies and present a potential choking hazard to children —only Mylar balloons are permitted in the medical center.
- MMC is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not allowed.